The Challenge is Back!
Tuesday, May 6, 12 noon – Wednesday, May 7, 12 noon
On May 6 and 7, 2014, Connecticut Community Foundation is joining other community foundations throughout the United States for a national day of local giving by hosting their 2nd Give Local Greater Waterbury & Litchfield Hills.
During this 24-hour online giving challenge, between 12 noon on Tuesday, May 6 through 12 noon on Wednesday, May 7, donors can make gifts of $10 or more to 148 participating 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that are located in or provide services the Connecticut Community Foundation’s 21 town service area.
Every dollar donated to participating nonprofits will be eligible for matching funds from a local matching pool – amplifying every gift! Nonprofits will also be eligible for cash prizes throughout the 24-hours!
• To bring people together to celebrate community-wide philanthropy
• To increase the number of donors and raise funds for participating nonprofits
• To raise awareness about local nonprofits and the great work they do
• To celebrate with Give Local America, a national day of giving honoring the 100th Anniversary of Community Foundations.
How Does It Work?
• Connecticut Community Foundation has set up an online giving platform at www.givelocalccf.org. Profiles of participating nonprofits will be searchable by name, population served and program area. During the 24-hour event, the website will have a leader board for all to see real-time giving tallies.
• Anyone can donate at www.givelocalccf.org to a participating nonprofit between 12 noon on Tuesday, May 6 through 12 noon on Wednesday, May 7. The minimum donation is $10 and there is no maximum! Donations will be amplified with local matching funds and nonprofits may be eligible for additional prizes!
Log on to www.givelocalccf.org. to make your donation now!